Kompong Khleang - [$72 Per Person]
Take a break from visiting temples and experience the amazing floating village of Kompong Khleang on a day tour from Siem Reap. Enjoy the scenery on the boat ride and meet the children and teachers at the local floating school.
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit the unique and remote floating village of Kompong Khleang, located on the Northeast of the Tonle Sap lake, the largest fresh water lake in Southeast Asia and the richest fishing lake in the World. The Tonle Sap is a unique ecological hotspot. Kompong Khleang is situated around 40km from Siem Reap.
Your experienced guide will pick you up from your hotel in an air-conditioned car or minivan, before proceeding up Route 6 to Kompong Khleang. Along the way you will pass markets and villages, as well as the edge of the Great Tonle Sap Lake. It is here you will transfer to a special river craft and enjoy a relaxing and fascinating journey up the Khleang River.
Upon arrival at the village you will visit the floating school to hand out school supplies, as well as meet the teachers and school children. This is the tour’s way of supporting the local village school.
You will then have time for lunch at a local restaurant (included in the price) as well as the afternoon free to relax and enjoy the cool breezes from the Great Tonle Sap Lake. You can also take advantage of the amazing photo opportunities the floating village provides, including the houses built on stilts - some even 10 meters high.
We will then transport you back to your waiting air conditioned vehicle and drop you off back at your hotel.
Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
All entrance fees included.
Vegetarian meal option available.
Travel by boat and see the sights from the water.
· Entrance fees.
· Bottled water.
· Tara Boat's tour guide.
· Hotel pickup and drop-off.
· Sightseeing cruise.
· Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
1. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
3. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
4. Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
5. Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
6. Minimum 2 Adults required
7. Children 10 years old or under, half price. 5 years old or under are FREE
Know Before You Go
1. Hotel pickups commence prior to start time of tour. You will be allocated a pickup time on confirmation of booking.
2. Pickup times are subject to slight change due to local traffic conditions.
Please pay the guide at the start of the tour (either $USD or Cambodian Riel).