Back to Basics: 4 hour Village life Tour$38 Per Person (Children 10 years and under are half priced)5yo and under free
Explore a local village near Siem Reap with a guide born there! see how the community lives and works using traditional methods, meet with families and learn about sustainable development, water rights, and daily life in this vibrant and traditional countryside village.
Getting back 2 basics with this incredible, authentic look at daily life in a rural village outside Siem Reap. From gathering firewood to pumping water, the traditional ways of life are still very much alive in these vibrant and bustling communities, and today you can experience this simplicity with an informative and culturally sensitive chance to experience this life for yourself.
As you step into the village, you'll be greeted with friendly villagers happy to help you learn the ways of their world. You'll see families weaving, making baskets, digging wells, and making rice wine. As you walk through the village, you'll be treated to a local's perspective – because your guide was born there!
Along the way, snap photos, listen to Khmer music, and learn the basic needs of clean water, employment, and sustainable development from those most affected by these political issues. You will also visit the school and village Pergola and the town's local Buddhist temple (pagoda). It will be a day for you to remember, and hopefully you'll understand a bit more about this delicate and flourishing community deep in the countryside near Siem Reap.
Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Ideal choice for families.
Free hotel pickup and drop-off included.
Fully narrated tour.
Led by a local guide.
· English speaking guide.
· Transport by air-conditioned minivan/car (pickup and return).
· Lunch and Drinks.
· Cool towel.
· Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase).
Know Before You Book
· Children must be accompanied by an adult.
· Children 10 or under, half price.
· Vegetarian option is available.
· Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
· Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. (Chance to swim, so being swim wear if you like)
· Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
Great relaxed educational look into the daily lives of these proud and noble folks in a rural village.
Like all our tours, no more to pay, zero scams, just good clean service with a smile.