Tara Boat: Tours of the floating village & flooded forest of Kompong Phluk & Chong Khneas on the Tonle Sap Lake from Siem Reap, Phnom Penh Cambodia
The Tonle Sap Lake
- The great Tonle Sap Lake is a natural wonder of Cambodia - an ecological hotspot & UNESCO designated biosphere.
- The Tonle Sap Lake is on the doorstep of Siem Reap, Cambodia - the home of the Angkor Wat Temples.
- The Tonle Sap Lake is the largest fresh-water lake in SE Asia and the richest fishing lake in the World.
- The Floating Village at Chong Khneas & Kompong Phluk, the Flooded Forest at Kompong Phluk & the Bird Sanctuary at Prek Toal are must-see locations for tourists visiting Siem Reap or Cambodia, and the Tara Boat offers tours of them all.
- ll prices quoted are for adults, children 12 years and under are half price. Children 5 or under are free.
- All prices are all inclusive-meaning all check points, transport, water, meals and drinks. Stationary and Guides are included in the price.
- All our tours include either Air conditioned Car or Mini Van. We specialize in small group or individual. Remember one person we go.
- If you prefer a Tuk Tuk this can be arranged however not recommended for the far out places.
The massive seasonal variations in the water level of the Tonle Sap Lake makes A floating village a practical idea. A floating village is quite literally a floating village - schools, markets, houses, businesses... they all rise and fall with the Tonle Sap!
The Flooded Forest at Kompong Phluk is a mangrove forest on the Tonle Sap Lake floodplain. During the wet season when the forest is flooded only the tips of the trees are visible, whilst during the dry season the flooded forest is not very flooded at all!